Although several impressive buildings have been built on this site, Ingress Abbey was originally built in 1837 from reclaimed stone from the old London Bridge.
Mark Wakefield Demolition was commissioned to hand-strip the outer stone block work surface.
Our works enable Stone Masons to rebuild walls after the original steel wall ties had expanded causing expansion of mortar joints.
We worked closely with English Heritage in the removal and salvage of internal fixtures and fittings. The contract value was £300K.
Ingress Abbey now stands in its former glory on the banks of the River Thames.